All weekly and intensive sessions take place in our clinic at 10340 Democracy Lane, Unit 203 Fairfax, VA. Virtual consults are available. Please contact us directly if you would like to schedule for virtual session. Link will be sent out via our documentation platform, Simple Practice.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Your Questions Answered!
As a specialty provider, we specialize in seeing infants and toddlers ages 0-3 years old. The ultimate goal of sessions is for your child to overcome impairments, and independently perform big gross motor milestones. Our expertise in this niche means that you will truly see progress.
Yes. Seizures, G-tubes, tracheostomies, and low vision are not contraindications to participation, but we will want to know about each of these so we can take proper precautions to ensure your child’s safety during therapy.
As an out of network provider, we are not accepting insurance. If requested, we are able to provide a superbill that can be submitted to your insurance for reimbursement at out of network rates. We do not guarantee reimbursement from your insurance and we do not communicate with your insurance company regarding reimbursement. We gladly accept payment in check, credit card, Health Savings Account, or cash. Please follow up with us if you have more questions regarding reimbursement.
Many families are successful in obtaining reimbursement for a part of the intensive therapy cost through their insurance company.
Various foundations also provide assistance with the cost of intensives. One example of a foundation that may assist with the cost of the intensive is the Lenn Foundation, whose mission is to assist families of children with cerebral palsy with the cost of their intensives.
As an out of network provider, we are able to focus our efforts completely on providing high quality services that are customized to your individual child’s needs; rather than complying with strict insurance policies that often regulate which services your child can and cannot receive.
This enables the following:
- High quality services. An individualized treatment plan with a 1:1 therapist/child ratio, tailored to your child’s specific needs. This means that your provider can utilize the time in the session to do what is therapeutically best for your child’s success, rather than being limited by what insurance companies are dictating.
- Highly specialized care: As our clinic provides specialty care for infants and toddlers 0-3 years old, we are truly here for you! Our efforts are focused on this niche in pediatric therapy, allowing for more specialized care than a general pediatric clinic. Our expertise in this niche means that you will truly see progress.
- Use of modalities and technology: Without insurance limitations, we are able to use modalities or technology (eg. vibration plate, massage gun, compression vests), and it is included within the cost of your session.
- No copays, deductibles, or co-insurances: 100% of the session time is spent where it should be – with your child.
- Accessibility to your provider in between sessions: Ask questions, get feedback regarding home exercises given, receive follow up care and advice regarding development. Dr. Sunny is available to you as a resource.
As our clinic provides specialty care for infants and toddlers 0-3 years old with medical complexities, we are truly here for you! Our efforts are focused on this niche in pediatric therapy, allowing for more specialized care than a general pediatric clinic. Our treatment sessions are uniquely designed to be a blend of DMI based therapy, neurodevelopmental techniques, whole body vibration, electrical stimulation, and more.
Additionally, we can start seeing your little one as soon as possible to get started. No long intake process, no extensive paperwork, no waiting on insurance companies to send authorization.
No! The state of Virginia allows patients to have direct access to a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), meaning no referral is required.
With intensives, a referral from your pediatrician is not required. With weekly PT sessions, if care exceeds 60 days, we do need a prescription on file from your child’s physician.
Yes! For local families, we have options for sessions that are on a weekly basis (1-2x/week). If interested in weekly therapy, please select this option on the contact form.
Sessions in an intensive are delivered based on the intensive model of therapy. This means that your child will get a higher dose of PT over a shorter period of time. It is typically recommended for children with neurological disorders, but can be beneficial for developmental delays as well (eg. delayed sitting, crawling, walking ect). The intensive model of therapy yields incredible progress and can lead to improvements in function in a few weeks, that may otherwise take an entire year with “traditional” weekly therapy.